Wall Plate Gasket Sound Seals
Brand : MetroFlex
- Unit Of Measure:
Electrical outlet gaskets are wall plate gaskets that seal off recessed electrical boxes and prevent sound transmission and the spread of fire/smoke. Made of dense yet resilient neoprene rubber, the wall plate gasket fills the void between the plate and the wall surface, and between the outlet box and the wall plate which reduces the amount of sound that travels through the wall. The addition of wall switch plate insulators can improve the STC rating of an outlet box by 7db and allowing the box to attain an STC-62+ (or higher) (ASTM E90).
- Allow recessed electrical boxes to achieve STC-62+ Sound Ratings! (ASTM E90)
- Provides a 1-hour fire rating (UL Listed)
- Quick and Easy Install - All you need is a screwdriver
- Retrofit Product - Can be installed to any outlet at anytime
- Adds 3 Key Factors to Soundproofing
- Air Seal - Seals the air gap between the wall surface and the plate
- Mass - the heavy neoprene rubber adds soundblocking mass to the outlet
- Resilience - the neoprene rubber although dense the gasket remains flexible and dampens sound energy
- Condos/Apartment Buildings, Home Residences
- Nursing Homes
- Sound Studios / Recording Spaces
- Conference Rooms / Offices
*NOTE: To achieve a 1-hour fire rating, the wall plate cover must be metal.
*Sound Seals fit standard wall plates made by Leviton, Hubbell, Mulberry Metal, Lutron, Pass & Seymour/Legrand.
They feel like they should make a Great seal over outlets