Rewettable Canvas Pipe Lagging
Brand : Abatement
Rewettable Canvas Pipe Lagging is a 14.5 oz fiberglass asbestos pipe wrap that is easily installed over asbestos pipe insulation to conceal the fibers that are considered a health concern if airborne. The rewettable pipe lagging is made out of fiberglass cross woven thread that is embedded with an inorganic rewettable coating. Once moistened, the rewettable coating becomes sticky and hardens once it dries. This insulation lagging is tested to withstand a maximum operating temperature of up to 1000°F.
- Meets Military Specification: MIL-C-20079H Type 1 Class 4
- Meets US Coast Guard USCG 164.009 for incombustibility
- Rated for High Operating Temps: Up to 1000°F
- 100% Made in USA!
Per Yard: 60" wide x 3ft long* (for less than 5 yard orders)
Per Box (5 yards): 60" wide x 15ft long
Discounted Price per Box: $86.25
*Note: Per Yard orders are not cut individually, if you order 3 yards, you will receive a 9 ft long section
- Repairs: Crumbling and deteriorating insulation should be repaired prior to encapsulation with Fiberlock Wet Wrap 'N' Seal Asbestos Repair Rolls.
- Measurement: Measure the outside circumference of the pipe insulation to be concealed to figure out how many yards of material to order. We recommend that the 60" length be used to cut 3ft long strips rather than have 60" long strips which are harder to install (we recommend an seam overlap of 3"-6" depending on pipe size.)
- Activation: The rewettable cloth coating is activated by water and hardens once dry to a cast like barrier.
- Dip Method: Dip the Rewettable Pipe Lagging in water (bathtub, pail, etc.) and allow excess water to drip off before application. (similar to wallpaper)
- Spray Method: Spray both sides of Rewettable Pipe Lagging with a spray bottle until completely wet.
- Application: Wrap the moist Rewettable Canvas Pipe Lagging around the pipe with the overlapping seam facing downwards on the upper part of the pipe. Allow a 3"-6" seam overlap along with a 3"-6" joint overlap between two sections. (gloves are recommended)
- Dry Period: Allow 12-24 hours for the asbestos pipe wrap to fully cure, we recommend waiting 48 hours before coating with Fiberlock Lag Kote Asbestos Encapsulation Paint
- Coating: As a secondary barrier, coating Rewettable Canvas with Fiberlock Lag-Kote II Asbestos Encapsulant will provide an aesthetically superior finish.
WARNING: Asbestos is a health hazard. Proper precautions should be taken at all times when working with or near asbestos containing materials including wearing a respirator and properly sealing off the work area from other parts of the building.
*Product Quantity Estimation: Please feel free to email us the dimensions of your pipe and we will calculate the total number of yards that are needed for your project. Rewettable Canvas Coverage Chart *Do not over order this product as asbestos removal/encapsulating products are NOT eligible for returns or exchanges.
Dimensions required for Coverage Calculation:
- Circumference around your pipe insulation
- Length of the pipe
Very easy to use and finished product is solid. Slight discoloration so I plan to paint. Would recommend!
I ordered the canvas, bend wrapping and the paint for my project. The canvas were great and worked perfectly. Very user friendly and went up just as I would expect. They look very clean. The wraps were a bit overpriced compared to the canvas and in the future I would just cut strips of the canvas to wrap the bends. It looks more professional and uniform. The paint is very thick and I highly recommend diluting it as the product says too. But if you want a thick paint it will cover the insulation without any concern. Over all I was very happy with speed of shipping and ease of ordering.
Works well so far, stays wet awhile which gives me time to work the product around the pipes.
Seems to be a good product so far. I have an ongoing project in my basement. Relatively easy to work with and it does not dry super fast which gives me time to work.
The re-wettable pipe lagging order was processed and delivered with great dispatch. The material was very easy to use and performed perfectly. I am very satisfied..
This product saved me thousands during the sale of my home. Passed no problem.
Needed to encapsulate some insulation, tried a few other methods but this was by far the easiest. I used the spray down method and wrapped it like a cast. Buy an extra yard if you can. Its better to have alittle extra left over then too little and having exposed areas of insulation while you wait for more.
First time doing any sort of encapsulation and this product worked very well. Liked having 5 yards, so I could cut various sizes based on length of sections of pipe and different diameters of pipe. Recommend getting tape along with it for ends and curves + Lag Kote II to do hard-to-reach areas.
Easy to work with and very effective at repairing minor damage as well as use in pipe corners
This product was extremely easy to use. I used a spray bottle with water to wet the cloth down, then wrapped the pipe and smoothed Out.
The 25+ year old lagging on my home boiler pipes was starting to fail and I was facing the choice of abatement (expensive) or encapsulation. The Rewettable Canvas Pipe Lagging was a relatively inexpensive solution for encapsulation. Although it is a bit messy to use, it is easy to do and does do the job. Follow the instructions to use only 3-foot sections at a time since it does make it easier to wrap the pipe without trapping air bubbles and keep an old pair of scissors nearby to cut off loose threads from the lagging.