Fiberlock Wet Wrap 'N' Seal Wide Rolls (6" Wide)
Brand : Fiberlock Technologies
- Unit of Measure:
- 8 Rolls (6" Wide x 9ft Long)
Fiberlock Serpi Wet-Wrap 'N' Seal Wide Rolls are recommended for repairs to deteriorating, crumbling, or damaged asbestos insulation. The Wide Rolls are recommended for larger diameter piping and ducts to reduce the amount of overlaps needed. Wet-Wrap 'N' Seal Pipe Repair Wrap can be applied prior to asbestos encapsulation with Rewettable Canvas Pipe Lagging and/or Fiberlock Lag-Kote Coating. Fiberlock Serpi Wet-Wrap ‘N’ Seal is a permanent asbestos insulation repair system which can be applied quickly and easily. Once dry, it permanently retains its strength, shape, and form. Wet-Wrap 'N' Seal Asbestos Wrap can be spiraled around the damaged insulation to create a solid and secure casting prior to encapsulation. Wet-Wrap 'N' Seal Asbestos Wrap can be used in conjunction with Fiberlock ABC Fiberspray when sealing off ends and edges of asbestos pipe insulation.
6" Wide Rolls are recommended for larger diameter piping and ducts.
Sold per Box of 8 Rolls
Roll Size: 6" Wide x 9ft Long
*Also available in a 4" Width
- Put room temperature water into a clean 5 gallon pail or bucket. Wet-Wrap 'N' Seal Asbestos Wrap contains a plaster of paris and synthetic resin combination. Use of skin protection or gloves is recommended.
- Hold loosely and submerge one Wet-Wrap ‘N’ Seal roll at a time into the water bucket for 5 seconds. Keep thumb under edge of Wet-Wrap ‘N’ Seal to avoid difficulty in finding starting end after squeezing.
- Remove and squeeze with twisting motion to wring out excess water, keeping thumbs under starting end.
- When applying overlap each layer by 50%. Smooth each overlap turn of Wet-Wrap ‘N’ Seal Pipe Repair Wrap into the layers below, molding carefully to the contour, forming a solid, well-fused covering.
- Apply Rewettable Canvas Pipe Lagging over the Wet-Wrap 'N' Seal once fully dried.
- For a clean and finished appearance, coat with Fiberlock Lag-Kote Coating.
WARNING: Asbestos is a health hazard. Proper precautions should be taken at all times when working with or near asbestos containing materials including wearing a respirator and properly sealing off the work area from other parts of the building. *Do not over order this product as asbestos removal/encapsulating products are NOT eligible for returns or exchanges.
I had almost 200 ft of asbestos covered pipes in the basement of my 100 year old house. Product was easy to use and gave a great finished appearance.
We purchased this product as a first layer of protection even though the remaining insulation was in relatively good shape the previous homeowner tried a self remediation. The pipe joints had fibers attached to them and needed to be covered. We did a base of fiberlock on all the joints and it was incredibly easy to work with and get tight even on the 90’s.
We took the opportunity to train new labor on encapsulation and this product was perfect. I would recommend it not just for fixing frayed pieces but as a base before the canvas to give everything nice clean lines.
The only problem I had was knowing how much to purchase. TWICE i ordered and feel short. They had changed the 4" from my first order to 6" on my 2nd order. I failed both times to get it right. Now I have to do a 3rd ordered and fly back to my rental property timing the arrival of the product with my arrival. UGH. make sure you order enough product.