Owens Corning HomeSealR Foam Joint Tape
Brand : Owens Corning
Out of Stock - See JointSealR Tape
- Unit of Measure:
- Roll (3" x 180ft)
Owens Corning HomeSealR Foam Joint Tape is a low cost homeowner alternative to using Owens Corning JointSealR Tape. HomeSealR insulation joint tape is used to tape the joints of FOAMULAR extruded polystyrene (XPS) board in residential vertical wall applications when it is used as continuous insulation over steel or wood wall framing. Owens Corning HomeSealR Foam Joint Tape provides reliable adhesion to FOAMULAR XPS insulation.
• Use to tape the joints of Foamular XPS foam insulation in residential applications.
• Meets the criteria of a water resistive barrier in accordance with AC71.
• Meets the criteria of an air barrier in accordance with ASTM E2178.
• A key component of the Owens Corning Residential Complete™ Wall Systems.
• Performs at temperatures -40°F to 165°F.
• Use a J-roller or laminate roller for the best seal and results.
• Peel Adhesion to Foamular board: 1.5 lbs/in
• HomeSealR insulation joint tape meets the criteria as an air and water barrier when used with FOAMULAR Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) rigid foam insulation.
• Seal doesn’t break as it flexes and stretches to move with the building.
• Can be installed at temperatures 10°F to 120°F.
• Easy application with a standard tape gun.
• Enhances a building’s thermal and moisture resistance.
• No leaks or moisture damage due to building movement.
• Allows you to work longer into the season.
• Cost Effective Foam Tape Option
*Please note that the Owens Corning HomeSealR Foam Joint Tape is designed for Residential Projects Only. HomeSealR insulation joint tape outperforms other brand foam tapes however it is no match to the top rated Owens Corning JointSealR tape which is 35% thicker and has a 65% stronger adherence to foam board than HomeSealR. For commercial/industrial applications use Owens Corning JointSealR Tape and Owens Corning FlashSealR Tape.
Joint sealing tape works well, is flexible, adheres well, a little tricky to work with because it sticks so well. Prepare to clean your scissors or change your cutting blades periodically. Arrived promptly, packed well in nonstick paper wrapping
High quality tape. Only problem is that occasionally the pealing paper tears and sticks to the tape. Otherwise its a great product.
This tape seals straight sections well but taping inside corners are laborious. It's virtually impossible to tape an inside corner. The tape backer often tears leaving a poorly taped joint
Purchased to tape seams of xps. Tape is very stretchy so it should stretch if the xps shrinks. Product has exceptional adhesion. I used a roller (as recommended) to fully adhere the tape. My only complaint is that BuyInsulationProducts.com was the ONLY place I could find this stuff. I would have preferred to purchase locally because I needed it immediately Thankfully I received in just 2 days. I did complain to Owens Corning about the lack of availability. It seems negligent not to sell this where their xps is sold.
*Jeff, we are glad you are pleased with our HomeSealR product and our shipping speed. We can't speak for other locations not carrying this item but we will make sure to keep it fully stocked.