No-Frame Fiberglass Edge Coating
Brand : MetroFlex
- Unit of Measure:
- Quart or Gallon
NO-FRAME Edge Coating is applied to the perimeter edges of fiberglass acoustic panels to allow a "frameless" or "NO-FRAME" installation. NO-FRAME Edge Coating can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed onto fiberglass panels to create a stiffened edge which allows fabric to be wrapped directly around the panel without a frame. NO-FRAME Edge Coating is a water-based penetrating fiberglass coating which gives off no VOCS and is easily cleaned with warm water and soap.
- Saves labor and material costs wasted on building wooden frames
- Lightweight finished product
- No Sloppy / Squished corners
- Easy Install with MetroFlex Impaling Clips
- No VOCs
- Maintains 25/50 Flame Smoke Rating of Fiberglass Board.
- No noxious resin odors.
- Easy Cleanup. (warm water & soap)
- Shake Can
- Stack acoustic panels on covered table (paper/plastic). A spacer can be used to separate panels.
- Lightly brush/roll fiberglass coating on all edges of panels. Double coat all four corners.
- Separate panels to prevent sticking during the drying process.
- Allow 48 hours to completely dry and harden (coating will turn clear once fully dried).
- Wash tools with soap and warm water. Avoid prolonged contact with skin.
Available in Quarts and Gallons
1 Quart = 6 panels 2" (2'x4')
1 Gallon = 24 panels 2" (2'x4')
1 Gallon = 15-17 panels 2" (2'x4')
*Coverage can vary depending on number of coatings and how heavy the coating is applied.
This is a great product for sound room reduction however the shipping leads little to be desired!!!
*Thurman, I am glad you happy with the No-Frame product, please let us know what was wrong with the way we shipped the pails. Thank you ~ BIP
We are very pleased with this product and has proved very helpful and easy to work with.
We purchased this product to harden the edge of fiberglass sheeting for sound proof panels for our church! It worked great!
*Christina, we are glad that the No-Frame worked out nicely for your Church project ~ BIP
When applied with a brush this product is 5 of 5
I use a paint gun to apply the product, it works well but requires multiple heavy passes. This is far better than its competitors!
This is my third batch of frameless panels and have perfected my method to get rock hard edges. Paint on first coat, let it slightly dry (couple hours) then paint on a light second coat. I also think painting a little on the front and back of the panels near the edges helps.
*Al, thank you for your tips and also for your your repeat business! ~BIP
No Frame hardens to keep fiberglass edges and corners from compressing when applying fabric. To harden 6 panels it takes me about 15 minutes to paint the edges. If I were to build 6 frames it would take me a few hours and cost much more in wood. The only downside is it takes more than a day to fully dry.