3M Super 77 Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive
Brand : 3M
- Unit Of Measure:
- Per Can
3M Super 77™ Multipurpose Adhesive is the studio builder's spray glue of choice for adhering acoustical fabric to both fiberglass and mineralwool acoustic panels. 3M Super 77™ Multipurpose Adhesive was designed to be an extremely versatile, super fast-drying spray adhesive that bonds a wide range of lightweight materials permanently. The photo-safe 3M spray glue formula is easy to dispense and apply directly onto surfaces and materials where needed, with no soak-in or yellowing during aging overtime.
Super 77™ Spray Adhesive has an aggressive tack that offers a high initial grab as well as sufficient open time to position materials properly. High-solids content supports its low soak-in property, giving you time to find the best fit for your parts. This attribute also provides higher coverage than competing spray adhesives and helps create soft, non-dimpling glue lines. The combination of fast tack, strong bond and clean appearance makes this spray bond ideal for projects of all kinds.
- Versatile adhesive that bonds a wide range of lightweight materials Provides professional, industrial strength for demanding applications
- Offers a fast, aggressive tack for a quick bond that reduces set time
- Bonds paper, cardboard, fabric, insulation, plastic, metal, wood and more
- Allows for a bond time of 15 seconds to 30 minutes
- Repositionable while providing long-lasting strength
- General maintenance and repair projects
- Attaching fiberglass insulation to drywall
- Adhering drywall corner beads
- Bonding thin films, foils and fabrics
- Picture framing and mounting displays
- Ideal for crafts and hobbies
- Installing acoustic panels in home studios
Can Size: 20 fluid oz
Net Weight: 13.44 oz
Bond Time: 15 sec to 30 min
Unit of Measure: Sold per can
Buy 12+ Cans: Price is reduced to $14.99/can
We recommend using 3M Spray Adhesive when adhering Guilford of Maine acoustical fabrics to acoustic panels.
BIP TIP: Try to avoid spraying the front of the acoustic panel with adhesive as this causes a thin hardened layer which could cause sound reflection. Keep a majority of the Super 77 spray adhesive to the back and sides of the panel if possible.
I used this product for my acoustic panel project for my studio.
1. Acoustic Foam (Rockwool Safe & sound) to backing board. Works great! I didn't even need to spray a lot of product for it to stick together. I did a single pass spray.
2. Speaker Cloth to Acoustic Foam (Rockwool Safe & sound). Works great as well. I did a single pass and it works like a charm.
Bottle need to remain upright when using, and you need to clean the nozzle after each spray to maintain an even spray pattern.