Ideal Seal 777 Cladding Tape (4" Wide)
Brand : Ideal Tape
- Unit Of Measure:
- Per Roll (4" x 150ft)
Ideal Seal 777 Insulation Jacketing system is a high performance 6-ply laminate that provides a total vapor barrier and complete moisture protection for insulation cladding and jacketing applications. This product is a 4" wide tape made out of Ideal Seal 777 Aluminum Embossed Cladding. The 4" wide tape can be used to seal up seams, joints, and cover the heads of mini-cupped pins or washers.
FOR USE OVER MINI-CUP HEAD PIN WASHERS:
- Make sure all pin heads are installed as straight as possible. A slight angle may cause the weld pin head to cut through the Ideal Seal 777 cladding.
- Install a 4" x 4" piece of Ideal Seal 777 over the weld pin heads.
- Once pin heads are sealed, install Ideal Seal 777 35-12" long cladding as normal.
FOR USE ON SEAMS/JOINTS:
- Simply install the 4" wide tape over the seam make sure to center the joint as close as possible to keep a 2" buffer on both sides.
- A great product for puncture repairs or touch-ups on job call backs.
FOR USE ON SMALL DIAMETER PIPING:
- Works on insulation diameters of 2-1/4" and less (1/2" thickness up to 3/4" IPS or 1" Copper)
- Cut tape into 24" to 36" long strips.
- Adhere tape on the bottom half of the piping, making sure to keep the seam level.
- Adhere tape on the top half of the piping, make sure to overlap the bottom piece on both sides.
*The Aluminum (Silver) product is embossed which has a textured look which helps hide wrinkles, bubbles, and/or scratches on the finished system.
*COLOR: Aluminum (Silver) Embossed
*ROLL SIZE: 4" wide x 150 feet long
My company runs black foam insulation on small copper tubing on rooftops. The foam needs to be protected from the sun. The #1 size aluminum jacket does not fit it will since they are small. Now we cut 36inch strips and stick one 4" wide piece on the bottom half of the insulation and then wrap another piece on top. Sticks great and looks good if you take your time to prevent air pockets or wrinkles.
*Gary, thank you for the great review and we like your install method on the piping. We added this to our product description. ~ BIP