Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape
Brand : Green Glue
- Unit Of Measure:
- Per Roll (100ft Long)
Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist tape is applied on floor joists prior to the installation of the sub-floor to stop the transmission of footsteps and squeaks to the space below. These common floor squeaks are transmitted through vibrational rubbing between the sub-floor and floor joists. By installing Green Glue acoustic joist tape between these materials, the rubbing is eliminated along with most squeaks.
Joist tape is also effective in isolation and noise damping when applied to wall studs or hat channel prior to drywall installation.
1-7/16" Wide: For wall wood/metal studs, and for 2 x 10, 2 x 12 etc nominal wood floor joists.
2-1/4" Wide: For true dimensional lumber and for smaller composite joists.
3" Wide: For Composite Joists and steel beams.
*Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape will not breakdown over time like neoprene and other traditional foam products.
Green Glue Joist Tape Applicator Roller Available for Larger projects
Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape is a versatile product and is used for many acoustical applications besides its main intended use:
- Sill Plate Isolation - Install 3" wide Joist Tape between the floor and the sill plate to help decouple the wall from the floor as well as seal air gaps at the bottom of the wall.
- Stud Wall Isolation - Install 1-7/16" wide Joist Tape on the face of wood or steel studs prior to installing drywall.
- Hat Channel Isolation - Install 1-7/16" wide Joist Tape on the face of hat channel prior to installing drywall.
- Ceiling Perimeter Tape (CPT) - Install Green Glue Joist Tape in conjunction with acoustical sealant between a ceiling and wall.
- Floor Perimeter Tape (FPT) - Install Green Glue Joist Tape in conjunction with acoustical sealant between a floor and wall.
The tape is very easy to install. I built a stagger stud wall and had to block it for stability. Because of lumber unavailability, I had to use the least bowed and twisted boards I could find. I put the joist tape on every stud where it met the blocks. It worked wonderfully! The tape is sticky on one side and slick plastic on the other. At first I was disappointed, but after application it makes perfect sense and it has helped stop sound transfer.
Great product, went on well, gets the job done