Green Glue 5 Gallon Pail Dispensing Gun
Brand : Green Glue
- Unit Of Measure:
- Shipping Option:
- FREE SHIPPING!
The Green Glue Dispensing Gun is used to quickly and efficiently dispense damping compound from 5 gallon pails of Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound. Simply stick the tip of the bulk gun into the pail of Green Glue and pull back on the plunger. The compound will fill up the canister, and then simply pull the trigger to dispense. Our Green Glue applicator gun is the certified dispensing gun from The Green Glue Company/Saint Gobain. Our Gun is made specifically for use with Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound by Albion.
- Bulk Gun comes with replacement cones and other accessories
- Max 30 oz Capacity = 1 Tube of Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound
- Gun screws apart for quick & easy cleanup.
- Nitrile Rubber piston cups and cap gaskets are designed for water based products such as Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound.
- Compatible with Albion "Slip-On" Follow Plate
- 12 to 1 Thrust Ratio makes dispensing easy on your fingers/hand.
- Specially Adjusted Thrust Ratio provides fast speed on loading and dispensing the gun.
*(48 States excludes Hawaii & Alaska)
*Gun must be purchased in conjunction with Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound Pails.
- Lubrication: In order to work properly, the Green Glue Pail Dispensing Gun must be properly lubricated before use. The gun relies on an air tight plunger mechanism in order to "suck" up the Green Glue Compound and will be difficult to pull back without proper lubrication.
- Simply spray lubricant (WD-40, etc.) on the inside of the barrel chamber. Once the barrel is lubricated press the plunger lock in with your thumb and pull the plunger handle all the way out (loaded position) and then back all the way in (empty position). Repeat this motion multiple times until the plunger movement becomes fluid adding more lubricant if necessary.
- If pulling the rod back is difficult, loosen the two nuts on the piston cup inside the tube with a 7/16" socket wrench until plunger slides smoothly.
- If the gun is not creating enough suction, slightly tighten the the two nuts on the piston cup (see above).
- Cone: Three orange dispensing cones are provided with the gun. Take a razor blade and cut off the tip of one of the cones approx 1/2". Cutting too small of a hole will greatly increase resistance in both loading and dispensing the gun.
- Use: Stick the tip of the cone into the pail of Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound, push the plunger lock with your thumb and pull back on the plunger. The pull back motion of the plunger will "suck" up the compound into the barrel. Once the dispenser is full, release your thumb from the plunger lock and remove the tip from the pail. Make sure to point the tip of the gun in the air to prevent any unwanted dripping. Once ready, press the trigger to dispense the Green Glue onto the drywall in a random pattern. Keep a 3" border off all edges of the drywall to avoid seepage through the drywall joints.
- Cleaning: The Green Glue Pail Dispensing Gun screws apart so all pieces can be easily cleaned with soap and warm water. Once dried, we recommend lubricating the gun for storage. Try to avoid having compound dry in the canister.
- If properly cleaned this gun can be used for many years.
The gun works pretty well, but like with any gun there is a lot of waste. I'd recommend doing all your gluing in one day if possible so you don't waste the expensive glue. The gun itself has held up well and I plan to keep it for years to come. Solid metal as others have mentioned. It can be a workout to fill the gun if you don't keep up with regular cleaning and lubricating.
*Joel, thank you for the very insightful reviews on our Green Glue products. ~BIP
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this bulk gun. The entire gun is steel (less the plastic cones) and is well built for continual use.