Kinetics Noise Control IsoMax Sound Isolation Clips offer significantly higher STC values than drywall attached to resilient channel. IsoMax ensures that installers will not inadvertently screw through the “resilient” leg of the channel into the joist or stud. This feature cannot be underestimated given the frequent, unknown occurrences where resilient channel is accidentally rendered ineffective because it is hard-attached.
THE ISOMAX ADVANTAGE
- Low cost for high performance
- Flexible “snap-on” clips install quickly, and allow for height adjustments during installation of channel
- Error free installation of standard drywall furring channel. Eliminates accidental short circuiting common with resilient channel
- Easiest method for STC 55+ stud wall assemblies
- Can easily accommodate furring channel widths from 2.38" - 2.75"
Kinetics IsoMax Sound Isolation Clips are used in conjunction with hat channel to attached drywall to a wood or steel stud wall/ceiling. By installing IsoMax clips with hat channel to a wall, the STC rating is comparable if not better to a double stud wall. See image below for diagram and testing information: